How to become an ASHHRA Affiliated Chapter
Chapter affiliation is required for local chapters looking to collaborate with ASHHRA. Affiliation legally establishes the relationship between the local chapter and ASHHRA, specifying each chapter is independently owned and operated, and that it meets specific requirements. Once affiliated, chapters maintain their status by submitting an annual report verifying the established criteria are met. Annual reports are due each January.
The chapter affiliation agreement serves as a contract between ASHHRA and the chapter. The agreement outlines the mutually beneficial relationship between the national association and chapter as it relates to education, membership and certification.
Affiliation benefits include:
- Inclusion on the ASHHRA website
- Participation in the annual Chapter Management Awards Program (CMAP), including cash rewards and complimentary memberships
- Participation in the annual Chapter Recognition Program
- “Affiliated Chapter” seal to display your connection to ASHHRA
- Opportunity to promote chapter membership to ASHHRA members
- Invitation to the annual Chapter Leader Workshop
- Discounts on Affiliated Preferred Provider program to provide approved CEUs for your chapter’s education