Each year, ASHHRA recognizes the significant achievement of its members in the health care human resources field. ASHHRA currently recognizes it members in the following categories.
This award recognizes an ASHHRA member who models the five HR Leader Model Competencies in health care human resources.
- Nominee is a current ASHHRA member with at least five (5) years of consecutive annual membership
- Nominee has not been an ASHHRA Board Member in the last two (2) years
- Nominator completes application, describing how the nominee models the HR Leader Competencies.
Senior Director, Human Resources
This award recognizes ASHHRA members who demonstrate exemplary leadership and provide mentorship to those in the health care human resources field.
- Nominee and nominator must both be current ASHHRA national members
- Nominee must have had at least five (5) years of consecutive ASHHRA membership
- Three (3) supporting letters that speak to their attributes as a Role Model, Teacher, Resource, Support and Companion
Vice President, People and Culture
Vice President, Human Resources
Salina Regional Health
This award recognizes an ASHHRA member who contribute to the health care human resources profession through professionally authored books, articles or internal communications.
- Communication must have been used during the last calendar year
- Material must have relevancy to ASHHRA members and the health care human resources profession
- Must be considered of value as “best practice” for ASHHRA members to learn from
- Nominee must own or have clear rights to entries
- Materials must be planned, developed and implemented by the submitter; materials developed and created by a third party for an organization will not be considered
- Must be authored or co-authored by an ASHHRA national member (ASHHRA member must demonstrate at least 50 percent participation and demonstrate involvement)
- Must be relevant to ASHHRA HR Leader Model Competencies: HR Delivery, Healthcare Business Knowledge, Community Citizenship, People Strategies and Personal Leadership
- Materials that are considered routine (i.e., annual report, open enrollment, employment manual)
- Promotional materials for marketable products.
This grant recognizes new talent dedicated to the health care human resources profession and provides individuals with the opportunity to attend the ASHHRA annual conference.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Southeast Georgia Health System
Chief People Officer
Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital
The award recognizes mid-level managers and directors who have made outstanding leadership and operations contributions to their organization.
- A minimum of five years of health care HR experience
- ASHHRA member for at least one year*
- Hold a position from mid-level manager to director
Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
The Outstanding Leadership and Service Award recognizes the Immediate Past President, nominated by ASHHRA leadership. Our deep appreciation to the 2019 ASHHRA Immediate Past President for Outstanding Leadership and Service
James (Jamie) E. Parsons, CHHR, SPHR, FACHE, SHRM-SCP
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
St. Elizabeth Healthcare