Employee Engagement Toolkit
Partner Shared Resources
- TeamSTEPPS - Teamwork and Communication Tools HTML
HPOE infographic HTML
TeamSTEPPS—Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety—is designed to help health care providers improve patient safety through effective communication and teamwork skills.
- The Business Case For Breastfeeding: Steps for Creating a Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite HTML
The Business Case for Breastfeeding is a comprehensive program designed to educate employers about the value of supporting breastfeeding employees in the workplace. The program highlights how such support contributes to the success of the entire business.
The National Women's Health Information Center (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services , Office of Women's Health)
- What to Do If Your Boss Is a Low Performer PDF
- Management By Walking Around (MBWA) PDF
HR Solutions, Inc.
White Papers and Articles
- Aligning Talent Strategies with Healthcare Quality PDF
Pinstripe, December 2013
- HealthcareSource and Plantree Release Healthcare HR Influence
Survey Results HTML
HealthcareSource and Plantree, August 2013
- Are You Committed? Building Strong Mutual Respectful Relationships with Employees PDF
Deborah Render, HR Pulse, Fall 2011
- Building Work Environments That Engage PDF
Terri Howard, HR Pulse, Summer 2011
- Candidate Assessment: When Ignorance Is Not Bliss PDF
Scott Fuhr, HR Pulse, Fall 2011
- Career Stat: A Guide to Making the Case for Investing in the Frontline Hospital Workforce PDF
Randall Wilson and Robert Holm, April 2012
- A Changing Workplace: Managing the Healthcare Worker Now and in the Future PDF
Kevin Haeberle, HR Pulse, Fall 2011
- Consistent Change: Dealing Effectively With Change in a Rapidly Evolving Healthcare Environment PDF
Mitchell Best, HR Pulse, Fall 2011
- Creating Effective Physician Wellness PDF
Mitchell Best, HR Pulse, Summer 2011
- Improving Employee Satisfaction in Healthcare through Effective Employee Performance Management PDF
HealthcareSource, April 2011
- HR’s Current State: Our Role in Quality and Patient Safety PDF
Michael DiPietro, HR Pulse, Winter 2011
- Using Work-Force Practices to Drive Quality Improvement: A Guide for Hospitals PDF
HRET, June 2010
- CEO Gets a Buzz Cut as Employee Survey Participation Rate Reached 91.5% PDF
HR Solutions, Inc.,
- Assessing Employee Engagement in a Unionized Environment PDF
HR Solutions, Inc.
- Make Your Next Step, the Best Step PDF
Ashley Nuese, HR Solutions, Inc.
- You Can’t Manage It If You Don’t Measure It: How Cape Fear Valley Started the Process of Measuring and Improving Employee Engagement PDF
Michele Westphall, HR Solutions, Inc.
- Virtual Health: Stellar Rise to Best-in-Class Status PDF
HR Solutions, Inc.
- People Strategists: Driving a Culture of Health PDF
Les C. Meyer, MBA, HR Pulse, Winter 2011
- Speaking Candidly: Encourage Employees to Share What’s Really on Their Minds PDF
Deborah Render, HR Pulse, Summer 2011
- Thought Leader 2009: The Role of the Healthcare Human Resources in Advancing the Operational Efficiencies and Effectiveness PDF
ASHHRA, July 23, 2009
- A Win Win Approach: Build and Strengthen Physician Engagement PDF
Deborah Render, HR Pulse, Spring 2012
- Provena Health Case Study PDF
- Guthrie Health Case Study PDF
- Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady of Health System Case Study PDF
- Community Medical Centers Case Study PDF
- Bloomington Hospital Case Study PDF
- Increasing Survey Response rate for Staff and Employed Physicians PDF
- The ROI of Physician Engagement: What is the Physician Attitude Really Worth? PDF
- How To Drive Physician Retention Thru Engagement PDF
- Effective Goal Setting Using Morehead Employee Surveys PDF
- How Often Should We Survey? The Impact of Survey Frequency PDF
- HR’s Role as a Catalyst for Change PDF
Morehead Associates, July 2011
- Advocate Christ Medical Center Video Case Study PDF
The information and resources included and/or referenced in this toolkit provide only a general overview of the topic covered. ASHHRA makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, concerning the application of that information, including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The information is NOT intended to be taken as advice regarding any specific individual situation or circumstance and should not be relied upon as such. It also is NOT intended to, and cannot, substitute for responsible legal advice. Legal questions should be addressed directly to appropriate legal counsel.
ASHHRA reserves all rights in ASHHRA original content included and/or referenced in this toolkit. However, ASHHRA grants to ASHHRA Members the right to use original content for strictly noncommercial purposes unless otherwise indicated.
ASHHRA has not reviewed, and is not responsible for, the completeness or accuracy of any third party information included herein. The views and/or positions expressed in any third party content do not necessarily represent the views of ASHHRA and the inclusion and/or references to third party information do not indicate any endorsement by ASHHRA unless expressly provided. ASHHRA does not claim ownership of any content, including content incorporated by permission into ASHHRA-produced materials, created by any third party and cannot grant permission to use, distribute or otherwise reproduce such third party content.