Membership Benefits: What's in it for you?
ASHHRA offers three major product lines designed to meet the specific needs of the health care HR professional. The ASHHRA suite of products, services, and programs will help you—valued ASHHRA members—address issues that keep you up at night.
I. Learning and Education
- HR Pulse – The official magazine for ASHHRA members, it is available in print and digital, and offers educational content and resources that are forward thinking and relevant to your role as a health care HR professional more
- Webinars – Led by ASHHRA members and vendor partners with specific expertise in health care HR more
- ASHHRA 49th Annual Conference & Exposition – Filled with learning sessions, keynote speakers, exhibition hall, and networking - September 28 – October 1, 2013, in Washington, D.C. REGISTER
- ASHHRA Electronic Publications – eNews Brief, Diversity eNews Brief, Benefits & Wellness eBulletin, Career Center eBulletin, and the ASHHRA Insider more
- Certified in Healthcare Human Resources (CHHR) – Find out how you can obtain this credential. ASHHRA can provide information on ways to prepare and register for the exam more
- eLearning Network – Enroll in online learning sessions, take a quiz, and obtain a certificate of completion more
Coming Soon: Study materials for the CHHR exam!
- Networking events are held at the ASHHRA Annual Conference & Exposition and at local chapters across the country
- Using social media via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, ASHHRA members have the opportunity to network and hold discussions on hot topics in health care HR 24 hours a day
- ASHHRA Mentoring Program – Designed to create a mentorship community for health care HR professionals to enhance the knowledge, skills, and abilities as a mentee and give back to the profession with coaching as guidance as a mentor more
- Program for Emerging Leaders (PEL) – Geared to new-to-the-profession practitioners and graduate students interested in health care HR, you can even apply for the $2500 PEL Research Grant sponsored by TIAA-CREF more
- ASHHRA Website – www.ashhra.org – it is the primary gateway into everything ASHHRA
- AHA Resource Center – the world’s largest collection of hospital literature (call 312-422-2050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ASHHRA HR Leader Model – depicting five competencies for health care HR leaders from which all of the ASHHRA education is based
- ASHHRA HR Concierge – ‘Ask the Expert’ about any HR issue. If we don’t have the answer, we’ll find it
- Financial Assistance – Apply for the MetLife Scholarship, HealthcareSource New-to-the-Profession Grant, and/or the Gary Willis Leadership Award sponsored by AHA Solutions, Inc.
ASHHRA membership also includes:
Access to the Members Only section of the AHA website at www.aha.org
Access to the world's largest collection of hospital literature through the AHA Resource Center.
Member discounts on more than 300 publications and AV resources, available through the AHA Member Resources, Publications and Products Catalog.
The opportunity to partner with other personal membership societies of AHA on a variety of projects and issues of mutual interest to the groups.
Access to the AHA Quality Center Web site and its resources.
Recognition and Awards
ASHHRA members are eligible for industry-wide recognition of individual accomplishments through the ASHHRA Awards Program.
A 13-member board of directors, including representatives from non-hospital healthcare, a hospital CEO, and a member new to the health care profession, plus the president, vice president, and immediate past president.
Several committees, subcommittees, and task forces on local and national levels.
Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM
Chapter Involvement: More than 60 state, regional and metropolitan professional organizations are affiliated with ASHHRA. Most ASHHRA officers and board members first gained national visibility by rising through their chapter leadership ranks.
Joint ASHHRA and SHRM Membership (optional)
Become a joint member of ASHHRA and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM provides the most complete package of benefits and services available to the human resources professional in healthcare. Joint members in ASHHRA and SHRM receive a $15.00 discount on their SHRM membership.