Membership Benefits: What's in it for you?
ASHHRA offers three major product lines designed to meet the specific needs of the health care HR professional. The ASHHRA suite of products, services and programs will help YOU—valued ASHHRA members—address issues that keep you up at night. Scroll down for details or download the Membership Advantage.
Watch this video to learn about ASHHRA
I. LEARNING and EDUCATION
- HR Pulse – The official magazine for ASHHRA members, it is available in print and digital, and offers educational content and resources that are forward thinking and relevant to your role as a health care HR professional more
- Webinars – Led by ASHHRA members and vendor partners with specific expertise in health care HR more
- ASHHRA Annual Conference & Exposition – Filled with learning sessions, keynote speakers, exposition hall, and networking. Save the date for 2017! ASHHRA 53rd Annual Conference & Exposition, Sept. 16 - 19, 2017, in Seattle, Washington
- ASHHRA Electronic Publications – eNews Pulse, Diversity Brief, Benefits & Wellness Pulse, Career Pulse and the ASHHRA Insider more
- Certified in Healthcare Human Resources (CHHR) – Find out how you can obtain this credential to advance your career in health care HR. ASHHRA can provide information on ways to prepare and register for the exam more
- eLearning Network – Enroll in online learning sessions, take a quiz, and obtain a certificate of completion more
- Networking events are held at the ASHHRA Annual Conference & Exposition and at local chapters across the country
- Using social media via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, ASHHRA members have the opportunity to network and hold discussions on hot topics in health care HR 24 hours a day
- ASHHRA Career Center – Create your free and confidential profile on the ASHHRA Career Center, whether you're looking for the perfect candidates or landing your ideal job more.
- ASHHRA Website – www.ashhra.org – The primary gateway into everything ASHHRA, the ASHHRA website is how you access all of the members-only resources
- ASHHRA HR Leader Model – depicting five competencies for health care HR leaders from which all of the ASHHRA education is based more
- AHA Resource Center – www.ashhra.org/aharc – ASHHRA members have up to two hours of project time available to them each calendar year, and additional time for in-depth projects can be purchased at a special members only discounted rate more
- ASHHRA Toolkits – These toolkits seek to educate, aid, and enhance ASHHRA member knowledge in specified topical areas with processes, policies, tools, forms, white papers, articles, and educational media more
- Financial Assistance – Apply for the ASHHRA Annual Conference Award sponsored by VALIC, HealthcareSource New-to-the-Profession Grant, and/or the Gary Willis Leadership Award sponsored by Health Forum, to attend the ASHHRA annual conference more
ASHHRA membership also includes:
Access to the Members Only section of the AHA website at www.aha.org
Access to the world's largest collection of hospital literature through the AHA Resource Center.*
Member discounts on more than 300 publications and resources, available through the AHA Member Resources, Publications and Products Catalog.
The opportunity to partner with other personal membership societies of AHA on a variety of projects and issues of mutual interest to the groups.
Access to the AHA Quality Center website and its resources.
*Learn more about how ASHHRA membership benefits include project time from the AHA Resource Center at www.ashhra.org/aharc.
Recognition and Awards
ASHHRA members are eligible for industry-wide recognition of individual accomplishments through the ASHHRA Awards Program.
A 13-member board of directors, including representatives from non-hospital healthcare, a hospital CEO, and a member new to the health care profession, plus the president, vice president, and immediate past president.
Several committees, subcommittees and task forces on local and national levels.
Chapter Involvement: More than 30 state, regional and metropolitan professional organizations are affiliated with ASHHRA. Most ASHHRA officers and board members first gained national visibility by rising through their chapter leadership ranks.
Joint ASHHRA and SHRM Membership (optional)
Become a joint member of ASHHRA and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Joint ASHHRA/SHRM Membership provides the most complete package of benefits and services available to the HR professional in health care. Joint ASHHRA/SHRM members receive a total discount of up to $40! more