Membership Benefits: What's in it for you?
ASHHRA offers three major product lines designed to meet the specific needs of the health care HR professional. The ASHHRA suite of products, services, and programs will help you—valued ASHHRA members—address issues that keep you up at night. Scroll down for details or download the Membership Value Proposition.
I. LEARNING and EDUCATION
- HR Pulse – The official magazine for ASHHRA members, it is available in print and digital, and offers educational content and resources that are forward thinking and relevant to your role as a health care HR professional more
- Webinars – Led by ASHHRA members and vendor partners with specific expertise in health care HR more
- ASHHRA 52nd Annual Conference & Exposition – Filled with learning sessions, keynote speakers, exposition hall, and networking - Sept. 24 - 27, 2016, in Grapevine, Texas more
- ASHHRA Electronic Publications – eNews Brief, Diversity eNews Brief, Benefits & Wellness eBulletin, Career Center eBulletin, and the ASHHRA Insider more
- Certified in Healthcare Human Resources (CHHR) – Find out how you can obtain this credential. ASHHRA can provide information on ways to prepare and register for the exam more
- CHHR Scholarship - ASHHRA members eligible to take the CHHR exam can apply for a scholarship that covers the cost of taking the exam more
- eLearning Network – Enroll in online learning sessions, take a quiz, and obtain a certificate of completion more
- Networking events are held at the ASHHRA Annual Conference & Exposition and at local chapters across the country
- Using social media via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, ASHHRA members have the opportunity to network and hold discussions on hot topics in health care HR 24 hours a day
- ASHHRA Career Center – Create your free and confidential profile for potential employers in the health care field more
- ASHHRA Website – www.ashhra.org – it is the primary gateway into everything ASHHRA
- ASHHRA HR Leader Model – depicting five competencies for health care HR leaders from which all of the ASHHRA education is based more
- AHA Resource Center – www.ashhra.org/aharc – ASHHRA members have up to two hours of project time available to them each calendar year, and additional time for in-depth projects can be purchased at a special members only discounted rate more
- ASHHRA Toolkits – These toolkits seek to educate, aid, and enhance ASHHRA member knowledge in specified topical areas with processes, policies, tools, forms, white papers, articles, and educational media more
- Financial Assistance – Apply for the ASHHRA Annual Conference Award sponsored by VALIC, HealthcareSource New-to-the-Profession Grant, and/or the Gary Willis Leadership Award sponsored by AHA Solutions, to attend the ASHHRA annual conference more
ASHHRA membership also includes:
Access to the Members Only section of the AHA website at www.aha.org
Access to the world's largest collection of hospital literature through the AHA Resource Center.*
Member discounts on more than 300 publications and AV resources, available through the AHA Member Resources, Publications and Products Catalog.
The opportunity to partner with other personal membership societies of AHA on a variety of projects and issues of mutual interest to the groups.
Access to the AHA Quality Center website and its resources.
*Information on the Resource Center’s fee-based services is available in the service and fee schedule. For additional information on AHA Resource Center services and products, you may contact the AHA Resource Center by telephone at (312) 422-2050, by fax at (312) 422-4700, or through electronic mail at email@example.com. The AHA Resource Center is located at 155 North Wacker Drive - Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60606. The AHA Resource Center’s hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. central time, Monday through Friday.
Recognition and Awards
ASHHRA members are eligible for industry-wide recognition of individual accomplishments through the ASHHRA Awards Program.
A 13-member board of directors, including representatives from non-hospital healthcare, a hospital CEO, and a member new to the health care profession, plus the president, vice president, and immediate past president.
Several committees, subcommittees, and task forces on local and national levels.
Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM
Chapter Involvement: More than 50 state, regional and metropolitan professional organizations are affiliated with ASHHRA. Most ASHHRA officers and board members first gained national visibility by rising through their chapter leadership ranks.
Joint ASHHRA and SHRM Membership (optional)
Become a joint member of ASHHRA and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM provides the most complete package of benefits and services available to the human resources professional in health care. Joint members in ASHHRA and SHRM receive a $15.00 discount on their SHRM membership.