Health Care HR Week: March 12 - 18, 2017
The week of March 12 - 18, 2017, has been designated to recognize human resources professionals in health care organizations across the nation for their important role across the continuum of care.
How will you and your organization recognize this week? Share them with ASHHRA by:
Check out some of the resources below to help you get started.
2017 Health Care HR Week Resources Coming Soon!
- Download announcement fliers to post in your facility
- Check out the Recommended Activities or to download the Health Care HR Week Toolkit
- ASHHRA members can request promotional items by calling ASHHRA at (312) 422-3720 or at email@example.com. Promotional items for Health Care HR Week 2017 are filled at a first come first serve basis, while supplies last.
- Post what you do to recognize your health care HR to the ASHHRA Facebook page, or tweet @ASHHRA and hashtag #HCHRWeek
Check out what ASHHRA members have done to recognize Health Care HR Week:
- Compiled Activities MSWord
- McLaren Northen Michigan Activities PDF
- Stanly Regional Medical Center Calendar PDF
- The Medical Center of Plano Calendar PDF
- Sample: Health Care HR Week Newsletter PDF
- Sample: HR Frequently Asked Questions PDF
- Sample: Find A Word Game MSWord
Below are events suggested by ASHHRA. Health care HR professionals can use them or create their own events. The events may be celebrated on the day that best aligns with the culture and operations of your organization.
Sunday, March 12: Unique HR Request Day
|Monday, March 13: Know Your Health Care HR Professional Day
Hold a contest using a brief questionnaire to ask hospital employees around the organization to define the responsibilities of the HR department. The top three winners will receive a prize.
|Tuesday, March 14: Learn Together: FMLA2.0 Webinar
Gather your team to glean some thoughtful insight on navigating the ever changing FMLA regulations and discuss the delicate relationship of FMLA and ADAAA within the process.This webinar is free for ASHHRA members!
|Wednesday, March 15: Hospital Wellness Day
HR staff could set up tables to talk about health and fitness, invite suppliers on healthy foods, exercise, stress management, etc.; offer incentive for participating. Find a community/local charity and set aside time to work together to volunteer.
|Thursday, March 16: Luncheon Celebration
Hold a luncheon in your organization to celebrate the work of the HR professional and have others in the organization meet the HR staff.
|Friday, March 17: Cover-Me-for-Lunch Day
For an hour and a half, the HR non-managers and managers switch jobs for a day; the goal is to learn what the other does day to day and gain a greater appreciation for one another.
|Saturday, March 18: Career Share Day
Invite the community to your organization for a career fair that includes career development activities such as resume writing, interviewing skills, networking strategies, seminars on getting hired, how to shine, turning a no into a yes, etc., or visit a school to talk about careers in health care HR.