Health Care HR Week: March 13 - 19, 2016
The week of March 13 - 19, 2016, has been designated to recognize human resources professionals in hospitals and non-hospital organizations across the nation for the daily issues they face in workforce, compensation and benefits, employee relations, health care reform, and wellness - just to name a few.
ASHHRA encourages all of you to get involved in this week-long celebration. Check out some of the resources below to help you get started.
2016 Health Care HR Week Resources
- Download announcement fliers to post in your facility:
Color Flier 1 PDF
Color Flier 2 PDF
Color Flier 3 PDF
- Check out the Recommended Activities below or you will be able to Download the Health Care HR Week Toolkit
- Read and share this fun list: 9 Signs you work in health care HR
- ASHHRA members can request promotional items by calling ASHHRA at (312) 422-3720 or at email@example.com. Promotional items for Health Care HR Week 2016 are filled at a first come first serve basis, while supplies last.
- Post what you do to recognize your health care HR to the ASHHRA Facebook page, or tweet @ASHHRA and hashtag #HCHRweek
Check out what ASHHRA members have done to recognize Health Care HR Week:
- Compiled Activities MSWord
- McLaren Northen Michigan Activities PDF
- Stanly Regional Medical Center Calendar PDF
- The Medical Center of Plano Calendar PDF
- Sample: Health Care HR Week Newsletter PDF
- Sample: HR Frequently Asked Questions PDF
- Sample: Find A Word Game MSWord
Below are events suggested by ASHHRA. Health care HR professionals can use them or create their own events. The events may be celebrated on the day that best aligns with the culture and operations of your organization.
Sunday, March 13: Unique HR Request Day
|Monday, March 14: Know Your Health Care HR Professional Day
Hold a contest using a brief questionnaire to ask hospital employees around the organization to define the responsibilities of the HR department. The top three winners will receive a prize.
|Tuesday, March 15: Learn Together: FMLA2.0 Webinar
Gather your team to glean some thoughtful insight on navigating the ever changing FMLA regulations and discuss the delicate relationship of FMLA and ADAAA within the process.This webinar is free for ASHHRA members!
|Wednesday, March 16: Hospital Wellness Day
HR staff could set up tables to talk about health and fitness, invite suppliers on healthy foods, exercise, stress management, etc.; offer incentive for participating. Find a community/local charity and set aside time to work together to volunteer.
|Thursday, March 17: Luncheon Celebration
Hold a luncheon in your organization to celebrate the work of the HR professional and have others in the organization meet the HR staff.
|Friday, March 18: Cover-Me-for-Lunch Day
For an hour and a half, the HR non-managers and managers switch jobs for a day; the goal is to learn what the other does day to day and gain a greater appreciation for one another.
|Saturday, March 19: Career Share Day
Invite the community to your organization for a career fair that includes career development activities such as resume writing, interviewing skills, networking strategies, seminars on getting hired, how to shine, turning a no into a yes, etc., or visit a school to talk about careers in health care HR.
9 Signs you work in health care HR
In honor of ASHHRA Health Care HR Week celebrations we are sharing this list! Let your health care HR colleagues know how much you appreciate them. #HCHRweek
1. People come to you with questions… all kinds of questions… health questions that you really can’t answer…
2. Your office is not limited to a 10x10 room with a desk.
You name it, the bathroom, cafeteria, gift shop, you will get asked HR questions everywhere.
3. You get some pretty unique requests.
4. You have a better than average knowledge about aspects of a hospital that most people don’t.
Mainly because every relationship with a new hire begins with getting them through their first week.
5. We need to have a conversation about our policy…
6. You go above and beyond what’s in your job description:
7. You wear a hat for everything, which may not fall under another department.
Be it wellness, or paper airplane design for the pediatric unit… you are happy to help!
8. You help heal the people who help heal others.
9. You do so much in a day, we truly appreciate what you do for the Human side of Healthcare!