Health Care HR Week: March 12 - 18, 2017
The week of March 12 - 18, 2017, has been designated to recognize human resources professionals in health care organizations across the nation for their important role across the continuum of care.
How will you and your organization recognize this week? Share them with ASHHRA by:
Check out the resources below to help you get started. Be sure to join the discussion on ASHHRA Exchange to see what your fellow ASHHRA members are doing!
|Health Care HR Week Special:
CHHR Exam Scholarship
Submit your application
by April 7, 2017
Health Care HR Week Resources
- Looking for promotional items? ASHHRA has contracted with Jim Coleman, Ltd. to provide Health Care HR Week branded items at special prices. Click here to visit the dedicated store and order now to guarantee delivery!
- Post what you do to recognize your health care HR to the ASHHRA Facebook page, or tweet @ASHHRA and use hashtag #HCHRWeek
- Check out the Recommended Activities below
Click below to see how ASHHRA members have recognized Health Care HR Week:
- Compiled Activities MSWord
- McLaren Northen Michigan Activities PDF
- Stanly Regional Medical Center Calendar PDF
- The Medical Center of Plano Calendar PDF
- Sample: Health Care HR Week Newsletter PDF
- Sample: HR Frequently Asked Questions PDF
- Sample: Find A Word Game MSWord
Below are events suggested by ASHHRA. Health care HR professionals can use them or create their own events. The events may be celebrated on the day that best aligns with the culture and operations of your organization.
Sunday, March 12: Unique HR Request Day
|Monday, March 13: Know Your Health Care HR Professional Day
Hold a contest using a brief questionnaire to ask hospital employees around the organization to define the responsibilities of the HR department. The top three winners will receive a prize.
|Tuesday, March 14: Our Future is Now: The Case for Succession Planning and Development
You are invited to join this ASHHRA webinar to celebrate Health Care HR Week 2017! Register now and invite your colleagues to understand the critical elements of succession planning.
|Wednesday, March 15: Hospital Wellness Day
HR staff could set up tables to talk about health and fitness, invite suppliers on healthy foods, exercise, stress management, etc.; offer incentive for participating. Find a community/local charity and set aside time to work together to volunteer.
|Thursday, March 16: Luncheon Celebration
Hold a luncheon in your organization to celebrate the work of the HR professional and have others in the organization meet the HR staff.
|Friday, March 17: Cover-Me-for-Lunch Day
For an hour and a half, the HR non-managers and managers switch jobs for a day; the goal is to learn what the other does day to day and gain a greater appreciation for one another.
|Saturday, March 18: Career Share Day
Invite the community to your organization for a career fair that includes career development activities such as resume writing, interviewing skills, networking strategies, seminars on getting hired, how to shine, turning a no into a yes, etc., or visit a school to talk about careers in health care HR.