How to Apply: Grant Application Procedure
In order for applications to be considered, they must:
- Prepare a written statement explaining the need for the funding
- Identify the institution in which the scholarship will be applied
- State the applicant's academic goals to which this scholarship will be applied
- Submit the grant by the deadline date
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Student applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited health care or HR management program.
- Proof of accreditation as specified in the application materials.
- Applicants that are not enrolled in a program at the time of application must include an official letter of acceptance into the program.
- An itemized list of tuition and any related expenses (i.e., course-related fees) for the academic year as well as disclosure of other funding sources for that year, including matching funds. NOTE: A student loan does not qualify as a funding source.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Submit three letters of recommendation from past or current employers showing relevant work experience or provide three letters of academic recommendation.
For more details on how to apply to each program and to download the grant application, click the corresponding link below.
Notification of Accept/Decline
Candidates will be notified once their application has been officially approved by both the ASHHRA Foundation and HRET.
Who Can Apply
- ASHHRA members in health care HR
- Non-ASHHRA members in health care HR
- Senior level, graduate bound college seniors with a major in HR
The ASHHRA Foundation will not fund the following:
• Endowment or capital campaigns
• Fees or stipends to financial planners
• Political organizations
• Books and magazines; articles or advertising in professional journals
• Fundraising activities such as benefits or charitable dinners
• General operating expenses
• Loan or loan-guarantees to entities
• Individual development accounts
• Programs that do not advance the Foundation’s mission and purpose
• Organizations with financial deficits
- July 2008
- October 2008
- January 2009