Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are projects selected for funding?
The Foundation Advisory Council, The ASHHRA Board of Directors, and the Health Research and Educational Trust (HRET) select projects based on Foundation selection criteria.
2. How do I apply for funding?
Submit your completed application and supplemental materials to the ASHHRA Foundation, Attn: Stephanie Drake, One North Franklin, 31st Floor, Chicago, Il 60606.
3. Do I need to be an ASHHRA member to qualify for a grant through the ASHHRA Foundation?
No, the Foundation is open to ASHHRA members and non-members.
4. Does our organization have to be based in Chicago to be eligible?
No, the ASHHRA Foundation accepts proposals from all 50 states and beyond.
5. When should I apply?
Proposals are accepted on a quarterly basis. Click here to access deadlines and requirements.
6. When will grant awards be distributed?
Conference scholarship grants will be awarded at the 44th Annual ASHHRA Conference & Exposition in Austin, Texas, Oct. 12 - 14, 2008. Other scholarship, education, and research grants will be announced at the end of each respective funding cycle.
7. Can I e-mail or fax a proposal?
No, because you are required to attach letters of recommendation; you must send your complete package by mail. Faxes are not acceptable.
8. How will I know if my proposal was approved?
Either way, you will receive a letter by mail from the ASHHRA Foundation Advisory Council.