P3 - Labor and Legislative Power Session: Labor and Employment Developments of Importance to Human Resource Executives – What’s in the Future for 2018?
- Date: Saturday September 16
The legislative, regulatory and union organizing areas have presented a number of challenges for health care employers in recent years. Employers can expect such challenges to continue in 2018 and beyond. In this session, we will include:
- Union organizing initiatives targeting physician and employee groups in both the acute care and clinic setting, legal and regulatory issues employers currently face and the expected new initiatives that will be present in 2018
- Tools to develop a proactive education and social media strategy to counter union efforts during traditional union campaigns as well as corporate campaigns
- A panel of Human Resource executives will discuss recent corporate campaigns and union organizing attempts at their facilities, lessons learned and tactics used in their union campaign
- Health care collective bargaining developments and human resource training options for employers.
Legislative and regulatory initiatives that will be discussed include legislative proposals pending in Congress and actions undertaken by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB or Board), such as:
- The status of the prior Administration’s proposal to adjust the salary categories for exempt and non-exempt employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- The status of the EEOC’s proposed new EEO-1 report and the status of the Commission’s previously adopted wellness regulations
- Joint employer judicial and regulatory developments will be reviewed as will the potential impact of the composition of the new NLRB on employer policies and procedures including access to email and wording of employer handbooks and policies.
Finally, this session will also review important labor and employment developments at the state and local level and other important developments in labor and employment areas impacting health care organizations.
About Pre-conference Power Sessions
Immerse yourself in a daylong, interactive learning experience dedicated to enrich your skills in leadership development, the new fundamentals of HR or labor and legislative matters. ASHHRA’s exclusive Power Sessions are designed specifically for you to attend as an all-day experience. Each presentation is intended to incrementally build your competencies on one specific topic. Participate in ONE daylong Power Session to receive a certificate of attendance to take back to the office and proudly display your commitment to health care HR.
Choose one of the three Pre-conference Power Sessions for a full day immersion track specifically created to take a deep dive into enhancing your skills, increasing your knowledge and acquiring implementable strategies in one of three critical areas. ASHHRA teamed up with highly sought-after speakers, health care HR leaders and strategic partners to create the new Pre-conference Power Sessions to address three important health care topics:
- Power Session #1: The New Fundamentals
- Power Session #2: Leadership Development
- Power Session #3: Labor and Legislative Power Session
Join your peers on Saturday, September 16, at 8:00 a.m. for a light breakfast. Your pre-selected Power Session will begin at 8:30 a.m. where you will hear insightful presentations. Take a break at 12:30 p.m. and connect with your peers over lunch. At 2:00 p.m., head back to your Power Session to conclude the day with the final presentation.