- Addiction in the Workplace: How to Catch the Hidden Substance Abuse Epidemic and Prevention Tips for Better Organizational Outcomes
- Don't get bent out of shape: Is your workforce flexible enough?
- LEADING IS CHANGING: A Values-Based Leadership Effectiveness & Development Initiative
- Miles to Go: Connecting People to Wellness with Wearables
- Operation Prototype: A Predictive, Quantitative, & Qualitative Analysis of Leadership Effectiveness
- Physician Engagement and Leadership in Employed Physician Networks
- The Millennials Have Arrived--Now What??
- The Power of Pre-Hire Assessments on Staff Retention and Engagement
- 7 Habits of Highly Successful Retirement Savers
POSTER PRESENTATION SCHEDULE
Sunday, Sept. 25:
- 10:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 26:
- Noon – 2:45 p.m.
Adding more education to your conference experience!
POSTER PRESENTATION INSTRUCTIONS
ASHHRA is offering an exclusive opportunity for your learning session submission to be prominently on display as a poster presentation. You will be face-to-face with attendees, making valuable connections and be seen as the expert prominently displayed at the ASHHRA Annual Conference. This opportunity is limited to 25 posters.
By facilitating informal discussions between presenters and their audience, poster presentations provide a more intimate forum for exchange than regular presentations. Ideally, a well-constructed poster will be self-explanatory and free you from answering obvious questions so that you are available to supplement and discuss particular points of interest. Successful poster presentations are those which achieve both coverage and clarity.
The Call for Presentations for the Poster Presentations is now closed. If you would like to be notified for the opening of the 2017 Call for Presentations, please complete this online form.
Viewers should be able to scan material quickly. It takes about 3 seconds to attract a viewer. Have you provided all the pertinent facts? Will a viewer walk away understanding your major findings after a quick glance of your materials? Will a more thorough reviewer learn enough to ask informed questions? Some questions to consider when making your poster are “what would I need to know if I was reading this information?”
Suggested content includes title/author label and abstract; most successful posters provide brief statements of introduction, method, subjects, procedure, results and conclusion.
Is your poster clear? Is there an evident sequence of information indicated by arrows or letters? Is the material presented in a clear and concise fashion? Put the main points you want to convey in a distinct manner that will generate discussion. Be selective but self-explanatory with what you share to garner communication.
- Poster presentations should be horizontal/landscape orientation measuring four feet in height by eight feet in length
- ASHHRA will provide uncovered corkboards, thumbtacks and a small table in front of the poster for your materials
- The poster presenter is responsible for creating the poster and shipping the poster to the conference location (shipping information will be provided at a later date)
- It is suggested to bring at least 50 letter sized copies of your poster, business cards and any other relevant material for distribution.
- Always set your PowerPoint page size before designing the poster
- Set the page layout for 48” x 96” in landscape orientation
- If you change the size after content is added, it may become distorted
- Poster presentations may be viewed from distances; all lettering should be at least 3/8” or 27 point font
- Use sans serif fonts for titles and headings (e.g., Arial, Franklin Gothic, Helvetica, Tahoma, Trebuchet or Verdana)
- Use Serif fonts for the body (e.g., Times New Roman, Palatino). Do not use all CAPS as it is hard to read.
DESIGNATED POSTER PRESENTATION TIME
During designated poster presentation hours, it is required that there is someone stationed at your poster to interact with attendees.
ADDITIONAL POSTER PRESENTATION RESOURCES