CHHR Scholarships for the exam fee are currently being offered for ASHHRA members who are first-time applicants until Dec. 31, 2016.
CHHR Exam at the ASHHRA 52nd Annual Conference
The AHA Certification Center (AHA-CC) is partnering with ASHHRA to offer a special administration of the Certified in Healthcare Human Resources (CHHR) certification examination at the ASHHRA Annual Conference in Grapevine. Eligible candidates should take advantage of this opportunity to earn the nationally recognized CHHR credential. Register before Sept. 2, 2016 to secure a seat for the exam.
The CHHR certification exam is based on practical experience and knowledge you may have gained academically as well as on the job. Candidates must meet eligibility requirements fully to sit for the exam. Eligible candidates who receive a passing score on the CHHR certification exam earn the CHHR certification. For more information about the CHHR eligibility requirements, exam content outline and exam administration policy, refer to the CHHR Candidate Handbook.
Exam Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Location: Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Ctr., 1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, Texas 76051
Check-in time: 1:00 pm
Exam start time: 2:00 pm
NOTE: The exam administration begins after all registered candidates have checked in or 2:00 pm, whichever occurs first. Candidates are allowed two hours to complete the exam after administrative matters are completed. Schedule your travel arrangements accordingly.
Extended Registration Deadline: Sept. 2, 2016
- AMP must receive the CHHR Examination application and fees by the deadline of Sept. 2, 2016.
- Late applications will not be accepted. There will be no onsite registration for the exam.
Exam registration and fees are not included with conference registration or any pre-conference sessions. Exam application and fee must be submitted to AMP (Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc.) as directed on the exam application.
- ASHHRA Member fee for CHHR exam: $295
- Non-member fee for CHHR exam: $425
- Complete the CHHR Certification Examination application for this special offering
- Applications cannot be submitted online for this special administration. They must be submitted by fax or mail to AMP.
- Include payment with the application. AMP does not accept personal checks.
- Submit exam application and payment to AMP for receipt by AMP by Sept. 2, 2016. (AMP is the vendor with which the AHA Certification Center contracts for exam administration). By submitting the exam application, you are attesting that you meet the eligibility requirements as listed on the application and in the CHHR Candidate Handbook.
- Fax application with credit card information to (913) 895-4651, OR
- Mail application with company or cashier’s check payment to AMP, 18000 W. 105th St., Olathe, KS 66061-7543
NOTE: To ensure that your application is processed correctly and in a timely manner, please do NOT send exam applications or payment to ASHHRA or the AHA Certification Center.
Exam Registration Confirmation
- Candidates are not registered for the exam until they have received their AMP-issued confirmation letter.
- AMP (not the AHA Certification Center) sends confirmation of receipt of the exam application (via mail and email) in late September. If you do not receive a confirmation by September 12, 2016, contact AMP at 1.888.519.9901 or info@goAMP.com
Day of the Exam
All policies and procedures as listed in the CHHR Candidate Handbook apply.
- Only candidates who received an exam confirmation from AMP will be allowed to test. Candidates who did not advance register will NOT be allowed to test at the conference.
- Candidates must be on time. Registration/check in begins at 1:00 pm.
- The exam administration begins after all registered candidates have checked in or up to one hour later (2:00), whichever occurs first.
- Unless a candidate informs AMP in advance that they will not be taking the exam, they are a viable candidate and will be given until the end of the registration time to arrive.
- Proctors provide exam administration information that will take approximately 15 minutes.
- The two hours allotted to complete the exam then begins. Although allowed to leave the room for washroom breaks, the clock keeps running.
- Late arrivals will not be allowed to test.
- Candidates must bring two forms of identification and their confirmation letter.
- Pencils are provided.
- Approved calculators are allowed but not supplied. Candidates must bring their own calculator. Cell phones are not an acceptable form of calculator.
- Any personal belongings brought into the testing room must be placed in a designated area of the room.
- AMP will mail to candidates their exam results/score report about three to four weeks after the exam. The AHA Certification Center does not issue the score report.
- Candidates who pass the exam will receive from the AHA Certification Center their certificate of achievement and other materials about six to eight weeks after the exam.
For more information
- … about exam preparation materials, contact ASHHRA at 312.422.3720 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- … about registering for the exam, submitting your application and confirmation of registration, contact AMP at 1.888.519.9901 or info@goAMP.com
- … about the CHHR Certification Program, contact the AHA Certification Center at 312.422.3702 or email@example.com