The purpose of the Communication Award is to recognize ASHHRA members who have professionally authored books, articles, or have created and delivered internal communications that demonstrate a contribution to the health care human resources profession.
Criteria used to evaluate submissions include:
- Material must be published during the 2012 calendar year
- This is an individual award. If there are co-authors, only one individual will be able to accept the award on the group’s behalf
- Material must have relevancy to ASHHRA members and the health care human resource profession
- Materials may be submitted in either hard copy or electronic format
- Particular focus on unique, original, and innovative ways of delivering communication
- Communication must have been used in the organization during the 2012 calendar year
- Author(s) must own or have clear rights to entries
- Materials must be planned, developed, and implemented by the submitter; materials developed and created by a third party for an organization will not be considered
- Must be authored or co-authored by ASHHRA national member (ASHHRA member must demonstrate at least 50 percent participation and demonstrate involvement)
- Content must be organized in a logical and efficient manner
- Must be considered of value as “best practice” for ASHHRA members to learn from
- Must be relevant to ASHHRA HR Leader Model Competencies: HR Delivery | Healthcare Business Knowledge | Community Citizenship | People Strategies | Personnel Leadership.
- Non-qualifying materials:
- Materials that are considered routine (i.e., annual report, open enrollment, employment manual)
- Promotional materials for marketable products.
- Provide a 1 page (maximum) narrative of outcomes or business results of submission
- Must indicate that materials submitted will be made available to ASHHRA members as samples of “best practice” documents
- Complete submission form (below) and a copy of the material to be considered by mail or email by May 31, 2013.
The ASHHRA Regional, Chapter, and Member Services Committee will judge the submissions and determine award recipients based on the criteria noted above. Award recipients will receive the following recognition:
- Congratulatory letter from ASHHRA President with a copy of the letter sent to immediate supervisor
- Recognition and award presented at the 2013 ASHHRA Annual Conference
- Recognition in HR Pulse, the official magazine for ASHHRA members.
Mail Submission to:
Email Submission to: