Membership Benefits: What's in it for you?
I. Educational Resources
The focus is on all resources, products, services and programs that help you enhance your professional skills and development, and assist you with becoming a well-trained leader in health care HR.
The offerings in this category include:
HR Pulse – (the official publication for ASHHRA members) a quarterly magazine supporting the ASHHRA mission providing information, tools, and resources that are forward thinking and relevant to your role as a health care HR professional
Webinars – electronic learning sessions led by ASHHRA members and partners like you with specific expertise in the health care HR profession
ASHHRA Annual Conference & Exposition – the most highly anticipated event with learning sessions focused on hot topics developed through the HR Leader Model to advance your leadership and personal development
ASHHRA News Brief – an e-mailed monthly news publication that provides health care HR leaders with a variety of articles focused on HR issues in workforce strategies, recruitment and retention, compensation and benefits, and health care workforce shortages.
II. Networking & Knowledge
This product line provides you with the opportunity to meet and build relationships with other members via educational and social events. It also offers tools that make it possible for you to contact other members on a regular basis.
The products in this category include:
Networking events - at the ASHHRA Annual Conference & Exposition – you will have the opportunity to socialize and exchange information with your colleagues, peers, and leaders to learn and share ideas
ASHHRA Online Community: www.myashhra.org – an online community where you can have interactive discussions with fellow members and volunteer leaders on hot topics in health care HR
- ASHHRA Member and Consultant Directory – Printed annually to help you stay connected with all other ASHHRA members.
III. Tools & Resources
The products and services in this product line give you immediate access to all that ASHHRA has to offer via the interactive Web site. You can access industry based information, surveys, processes, and best practices to effectively manage the ROI of your organization.
The products in this category include:
- ASHHRA Web site – at www.ashhra.org, the Web site is an interactive tool keeping you up to date on ASHHRA products, services, and resources
- AHA Resource Center – the world’s largest collection of hospital literature and research library
- ASHHRAHR Leader Model – featuring five competencies for health care HR leaders. Learn more about the competencies through the new ASHHRA Leader Institute, to be introduced at the 2008 Annual Conference in Austin, Texas
- ASHHRA Career Center –a health care HR job bank for health care HR professionals, recruiters, and students
- ASHHRA Healthcare Buyers Guide – electronic listing of key suppliers who offer products and services designed to meet the needs of the health care HR practitioner
- ASHHRAHR Metrics Tool – a strategy and planning instrument designed for health care HR practitioners to input, update, and create annual custom reports on HR expenses, including turnover, compensation budgets, benefits, training, recruitment, and related operational expenses. Participation is free.
- Industry Reports – include the Health Care Labor Report and the ASHHRA Semi-Annual Health Care Labor Activity Report that provide the latest trends in workforce and compensation.
Access to the Members Only section of the AHA Web Site at www.aha.org.
Access to the world's largest collection of hospital literature through the AHA Resource Center.
Member discounts on more than 300 publications and AV resources, available through the AHA Member Resources, Publications and Products Catalog.
The opportunity to partner with other personal membership societies of AHA on a variety of projects and issues of mutual interest to the groups.
Access to the AHA Quality Center Web site and its resources.
Recognition and Awards
ASHHRA members are eligible for industry-wide recognition of individual accomplishments through the ASHHRA Awards Program.
A 13-member board of directors, including representatives from non-hospital healthcare, a hospital CEO, and a member new to the healthcare profession, plus the president, vice president, and immediate past president.
Several committees, subcommittees, and task forces on local and national levels.
Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM
Chapter Involvement: More than 60 state, regional and metropolitan professional organizations are affiliated with ASHHRA. Most ASHHRA officers and board members first gained national visibility by rising through their chapter leadership ranks.
Become a joint member of ASHHRA and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Joint membership in ASHHRA and SHRM provides the most complete package of benefits and services available to the human resources professional in healthcare. Joint members in ASHHRA and SHRM receive a $15.00 discount on their SHRM membership.
Join Online Now!
ASHHRA continues to bring you additional value for your membership. Please do not hesitate to share your comments and suggestions with us. Contact Sharon C. Allen at 312-422-3722 or at email@example.com.